Social Media Marketing Manager (Intern)
Are you a social media fanatic? Do you constantly think about how brands can leverage the power of social media to build a meaningful community? We are looking for a tech-savvy individual to manage the social media initiatives for some of our key clients along with managing the newly created strategy for our own marketing efforts. The Digital Marketing & Social Media Intern will serve as a brand ambassador in the digital world. This internship is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience and sharpen skills for today’s digital marketing world. This internship allows for immense growth for someone seeking course credit, employer recommendation, additional experience, or someone who is passionate about social media. Interested candidates must be organized, committed, self-motivated, team-oriented, professional, and most importantly, reliable.
The following job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function within the company.
– Ongoing profile management, including posting images, videos, and text multiple times per day to Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter as instructed in Social Media Guidelines
– Regularly take high quality photographs using your mobile device or other digital cameras
– Directly interact with our social media audience on a daily basis, including liking photos/posts within a variety of online communities
– Adopt and maintain our Created/Curated content approach
– Help execute and further develop an innovative, on-going social media plan/strategy across all channels of social media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo, Youtube, etc.) and continually update that plan/strategy and improve effectiveness through consistence and adaptation
– Where appropriate, inspire contest participation, increase online sales, and introduce new product and promotions to social media community
– Encourage and monitor positive discussion, engaging with customers via social media platforms, fostering positive customer relationships
– Reply to questions and comments when appropriate/as instructed
– Use the provided style & dialogue guide to ensure social media communications are in line with brand expectations
– Write, edit, and proofread original social media editorial content if requested
– Where applicable and whenever possible, travel to local events to cover and/or document relevant stories
– Monitor emerging trends in social media tools and applications, appropriately applying that knowledge to optimizing the usage of social media
– Become meticulously familiar with the brands in specified industries, understanding the story and culture behind each brand
– Self-starting personality who frequently blogs, writes, or otherwise engages using online media on a regular basis
– Must be creative, design-conscious, and experienced in taking high quality photographs using your mobile device or other digital cameras
– Must be able to constantly interact on social media, posting several times per day
– Thorough understanding of brand culture a must
– Experience in grammar correction, copywriting, editing
– Detail-oriented, highly organized with the ability to manage multiple project deadlines efficiently
– Technically-savvy, knowledge of HTML and CSS a plus
– Good Web and Adobe Photoshop skills (duties include basic html usage, photo resizing, etc.)
– Proven understanding of social media and its role in business marketing
– Customer Service background is a plus
NOTE: This is an in-house, unpaid internship with the possibility of conversion to a full-time job. It is a great opportunity for someone with social media and customer service experience.
We will gladly work around your school schedule.
Please include links to any applicable public SNS profiles that you would like to share. Applicants should send their resume to [email protected]