Business Development Manager, Agency Marketing
Superbase Creative is seeking a Business Development & Agency Marketing Manager to join its team in Boise, Idaho. The ideal candidate will be an inspiring communicator that is passionate about brand building, quality design, marketing strategy, and visual storytelling. This position can be described as a combination of networking, event management, content marketing, sales (but not the kind of “sales” that makes us all cringe), prospecting, and new client onboarding. The right fit for this role is certainly a rare bird. They are patient, entrepreneurial, and has been known to turn down higher-paying jobs to work with brands they believe in.
Ultimately, this is a key role that is focused on growing revenue by building positive, long-term relationships with potential clients around the world. Compensation is commission-based.
The following job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function within the company. The Business Development & Agency Marketing Manager is expected to:
- Develop a strategic and adaptable plan for increasing client/project volume, overseeing all agency sales and marketing initiatives.
- Manage the development and successful launch of innovative events, workshops, podcasts, live webinars, eBooks, blog articles, and workshops.
- Aid in the development of passive outreach opportunities such as organizing workshops and establishing a presence at design conferences, etc.
- Collaborate with the internal team to create original content.
- Attend community events as a way to network with potential partners.
- Coordinate venues and secure sponsors for bi-monthly and annual event(s).
- Educate potential clients on agency services and values. Openly discuss expectations, timelines, and goals for working together.
- Collaborate with design team to establish and communicate the best personalized strategy for the prospective client.
- Research new business prospects, qualify opportunities, and identify decision makers.
- Identify and connect Superbase with potential clients that seek to transform their business into an unignorable brand.
- Interact with existing and potential clients, offering thoughtful partnership incentives.
- Work with Project Manager during client onboarding to ensure a seamless handoff of client project details, expectations, and timelines.
- Help prepare and participate in new business pitches as appropriate.
- Demonstrate success in growing businesses through relationship-focused sales and marketing efforts
- Experience working in leadership-level variable pay rate positions and the ability to maintain consistent levels of motivation through personal goal setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of 4 years of experience within the industry
- Must have ability to analyze financial data and make decisions based that data
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Adobe PDF, and email
- Ability to operate and shine in a startup environment
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and frequently with the agency about overall performance
Note: Superbase is a startup agency that is growing quickly yet prudently. As such, this position will commence as a commission-based role with other commission incentives commensurate upon experience. We understand this is not for everybody, but if you are a self-motivated startup builder that is driven by being involved with early stage companies, we encourage you to apply.
Applicants should send their resume to [email protected]