Graphic Designer (Internship)
We are currently seeking a part-time Graphic Design Intern. This person will report to and work with the Creative Director on all design projects specific to the marketing efforts of various clientele including social media marketing, web banners, ecommerce, digital imagery, printed media, packaging/POP development, trade show and event marketing, etc. While this is an unpaid internship, candidates are expected to have a well-developed design sensibility and foundation of skills in modern graphic design, being proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop. This is a great opportunity to be involved with a new studio that is at the forefront of branding and digital marketing.
The following job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function within the company.
– Design and manage production of digital media including email templates, web banners, display takeovers, and basic web design.
– Assist in conceptualizing compelling brand stories and micro-campaigns for use in social media, and web display advertising.
– Contribute to a culture of quality, forward-thinking design by creating graphics, typography treatments, and other contemporary design assets that elevate the.
– As needed, collaborate with freelance designers, photographers, or other contracted service providers towards successful project completion.
– Coordinate and manage design files, timeline, and project workflow.
– Assist in the development of professional quality PowerPoint presentations.
– Maintain a keen familiarity with contemporary design principals.
– Research various industries, clients and competitors in order to cultivate a professional understanding of the marketplace and to improve creative observance.
– Occasional travel as needed. Inspiration & research, location shots, trade events, client presentations, etc.
– Any and all other duties that may be assigned by the Creative Director or Agency Principal.
– 2+ years of experience in graphic design
– Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of contemporary design principals
– Keen familiarity with social media marketing
– Proven record of idea generation, conceptualizing, and visual execution
– Experience in photo post-production, clipping, retouching, etc.
– Experience in designing web display banners, email templates, websites, etc.
– Ability to work independently without requiring constant supervision to reliably meet deadlines
– Capable of working in fast-paced and energetic environment
– Highly proficient in latest Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
– Highly proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
This is a part-time position. Independent contractors or “gig” style workers are encouraged to apply. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who is eager to be part of challenging, fast paced environment where each project brings new opportunities to learn and grow.
When applying, please send your portfolio (PDF or link to website only) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org