Part-Time Graphic Designer (Contract)
Reports To: Creative Director
Location: Boise, ID
Superbase is seeking a Graphic Designer (in-studio, part-time) to join our small team in the Boise office 2-3 days per week. This individual will work on a variety of design projects to support the marketing efforts of multiple clients including social media marketing design, brand identity design, product design, website and ecommerce design, printed media, packaging/POP, trade show and event marketing, etc.
The ideal candidate is a talented individual who thrives on taking ownership of creative projects while leveraging the power of collaboration to elevate the quality of their work. They love working with people, forming bonds with teammates and clients, and are willing to take responsibility for the outcome of their contributions.
While this particular position might not be a good fit for those who are looking for full-time schedules, salaries and benefits, it could be a great opportunity for someone who wants to be a key member of a small agency but is only available a few days per week or prioritizes their free time.
– Design and manage production of all types of digital and print media including social media graphics, email templates, web banners, basic frontend web design, flyers, catalogs, etc.
– Contribute to a culture of quality-focused, forward-thinking design by constantly improving skills in typography, copywriting, editing, digital illustration, etc.
– Assist in conceptualizing compelling brand stories and campaigns for use in social media, display advertising, and POP
– Design detailed brand guidelines, social media audits, and discovery documents
– Design layout systems for multi-page catalogs and brochures
– As needed, collaborate with freelance designers, photographers, or other contracted service providers to successfully complete projects
– Coordinate and manage all project deliverables while adhering to timeline
– Assist in the creation of professional quality presentations using InDesign, PowerPoint, or both
– Maintain a keen familiarity with contemporary design principals
– Research various industries, clients and competitive landscapes in order to cultivate a professional understanding of the marketplace in order to provide the best solutions for clients
– Any other duties that may be assigned by the Creative Director or Project Lead
– 3+ years of experience in graphic design, successfully completing commercial projects across a variety of styles and industries
– Expertly proficient in latest versions of Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
– Experience in brand identity development, brand system creation, and identifying a client’s unique value proposition
– Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of contemporary design principals
– Keen familiarity with social media marketing
– Proven record of idea generation, conceptualizing, and visual execution
– Experience in photo post-production, clipping, color correcting, retouching, etc.
– Experience in designing web display banners, email templates, updating websites, etc.
– Ability to work independently without requiring constant supervision to complete quality work and reliably meet deadlines in steady fashion
– Capable of working in fast-paced and energetic environment
– Experience with video production and editing a plus
– Proficiency in Shopify and WordPress a plus
– Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
– Knowledge of any or all of the following verticals: outdoor lifestyle, action sports (skateboarding, snowboarding, skiing, surfing, cycling), fashion, technology, nutrition, and industrial materials
This is a part-time yet long-term position. Independent contractors are encouraged to apply. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who is eager to be part of a challenging, fast paced environment where each project brings new opportunities to learn and grow.
Superbase aims to find long-term partners that fit well with our studio and processes, not merely short-term contractors. In other words, this position is NOT temporary or seasonal. We are seeking committed team members that are interested in growing with the business over an extended course of time.
Pay commensurate on experience.
When applying, please send your portfolio (PDF or link to website only) and resume to email@example.com
Follow our LinkedIn page for additional job opportunities