Senior Designer / Art Director (Independent Contractor)
Reports To: Creative Director
Schedule: Semi full-time, flexible*
Compensation: Hourly or monthly, commensurate on experience
Other: Wellness perks, outdoor recreation perks, abbreviated workweek
Format: Independent contractor
Location: Boise, ID
Superbase is seeking an experienced Senior Graphic Designer / Art Director to join our small team in the Boise office. This person will report to and work alongside the Creative Director on all design projects related to the marketing efforts of our clientele, including the design of brand identity systems, website design updates, marketing material, presentations, social media campaigns, digital media, printed media, packaging/POP development, product design, etc.
This is a great opportunity to be involved with a new studio that is at the forefront of design, branding and marketing strategy.
The ideal candidate is a passionate, entrepreneurly-minded individual who thrives on taking ownership of creative projects while leveraging the power of collaboration to elevate the quality of the work. They love working with people, forming bonds with teammates and clients, and are willing to take responsibility for the outcome of their contributions. They have a diverse background of work experience and they enjoy making things better.
- You will design and manage the production of all types of visual media including graphics, brand systems, catalogs, web banners, UX/UI design, social media content, infographics, etc.
- You will work across multiple projects at a time, maintaining acute awareness of the expectations and status of each project.
- You will assist in conceptualizing brand identity packages and writing compelling brand stories.
- You will contribute to a culture of quality-focused, forward-thinking design by constantly improving your skills in typography, copywriting, editing, digital illustration, etc.
- You will coordinate and manage design files, project timelines, and studio workflow.
- You will continually conduct research on various industries, products, customers and competitors in order to cultivate a professional understanding of the marketplace.
- As needed, you will collaborate with freelance designers, photographers, or other contracted service providers to ensure successful project completion.
- You will also perform any and all other duties that may be assigned by the Creative Director or Agency Principal.
- 4+ years of experience in graphic design with experience in an agency or as an in-house Senior Graphic Designer or Art Director role a plus
- Expert in brand identity development, brand system creation, and identifying a client’s unique value proposition
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of interactive and print marketing campaigns with a portfolio of work that represents an in-depth comprehension of branding and design principals
- Demonstrate creative leadership and ability to mentor junior designers
- Expert communication abilities
- Ability to develop and maintain friendly and productive relationships with clients and coworkers
- Ability to work independently without requiring constant supervision to reliably meet deadlines
- Proven record of idea generation, conceptualizing, and visual execution
- Expert in photo post-production, clipping, coloring, retouching, etc.
- Experience in UX/UI design as well as designing web display banners, email templates, websites, etc.
- Photography and videography skills a plus
- Ability to adhere to a proven process for delivering good work while contributing to the evolution of process
- Actively seek and identify new business opportunities to help fuel the growth of the agency
- Highly proficient in the latest versions of Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and XD
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Knowledgeable in any or all of the following verticals: outdoor lifestyle, action sports (skateboarding, snowboarding, skiing, surfing, cycling), and fashion brands.
*Semi full-time is defined as 2-4 days per week, approximately 24-30 hours per week. Independent contractors open to apply. Hourly or monthly pay commensurate on experience.
When applying, please send your portfolio (PDF or link to website only) and resume to email@example.com